Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Breaking out of the ant colony

Today I was at Southcenter, and I was there late, so people were closing up their stores and kiosks. On my way out of the mall I saw a woman looking a little confused while trying to put the tarp up on her kiosk for closing, so I decided to help her. I went over and offered my assistence, and she allowed me to help. She was working a toy kiosk. I asked her how she was doing, and if she had any good sales today. She said she did have some good sales, and that she was tired. She had been there from the mall openning time to closing time. I told her my name and shook her hand, and she told me her name was Aiayla (sp?). I said it was really nice to meet her, and she thanked me for my help. Although I didn't feel like I was a ton of help considering she was a little taller than me, so she could've reached the hooks easier than I could have, but I guess I was able to help make sure we were getting the hooks linked to the right rings, and then I was able to help pull it tight on the other side so she could make the ends meet. Anyway, after we had completely finished we said goodbye as she went to go help the short man having to use his chair to reach rings for the hooks on his tarp at the next kiosk over.

No comments: