Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Victimization to Hyperreality

My victimization to hyperreality took place as a child. When I was a little girl I loved to watch disney princess movies and any other movie that had to do with princesses. These movies told me that I can live "happily ever after" ("Snow White"). I believed that one day I would find my prince in shining armor and live in a giant castle and live happily ever after. I figured he'd come and save me from some great injustice like the hero he is. Also, I believed that I could be as special as a princess when I was little, and have a perfect ending to my story because "All girls are princesses" ("The Little Princess"). In this movie, the little girl wasn't actually a princess, yet she was at the same time. Her Daddy told her she was a little princess, so she was. And in the movie this idea is established in every little girl in the story. The little princess is constantly daydreaming and going into the world in which she is a princess, even though in real life she is being put through harsh treatment as a servant in a girls school. My childhood consisted of fantasizing about how I was a princess who would someday be rescued by my prince in shining armor.

No comments: